1. Memorial Service for Dean Lowe. Dean and Carlene were some of the first people we met when we came to Ventura in 1971. We have been friends and served the LORD together ever since.
The LORD called him home Thursday, January 27th. There will be a memorial service at Ventura Missionary Church on Saturday, Feb. 5th at 11 AM. We would really appreciate your help in providing food for the reception. We are planning on finger food – sandwiches, cookies, fruit, veggies, cheese, and crackers. I have asked Anita Larson to be our coordinator and to interface with the ladies at VMC. Please contact her at 805-901-5578, and let her know what you would like to bring.
2. This Sunday, February 6th we will be participating in the Lord’s Supper. This is always such a meaningful time as we remember our LORD and what He accomplished for us on the cross.
3. Women’s Bible Study, Wednesday at 10 AM. We are concluding our study on the book of Haggai. Ladies, you can purchase your next study book, “Jesus in Me” by Anne Graham Lotz at the Welcome Center table. The cost is $10.
4. Men’s Breakfast & Bible Study – Thursday at 6 AM. All men are welcome and encouraged to attend. You will be amazed at the quality of the breakfast that is served, all for $5.00. We are taking a look at Dr. Erwin Lutzer’s book “Ten Lies about God.” You will find this very helpful.
5. For your information – most of your giving statements for 2021 are already n the mail. The rest will be in the mail this week. If, for some reason you do not receive yours, be sure to let us know. Thank you.
6. It’s Exciting Folks – to see more and more of our Jubilee family returning to be a part of our fellowship at worship. I hope others will soon be back with us. Let me say again, our 11:30 service has lots of room to spread out.
7. Reminder – Save February 21st, 9-11 AM for a church cleaning day. Details to follow.
8. Grief Support Group is scheduled to meet next week on Tuesday, Feb. 8th. You are welcome and encouraged to join this group, anytime … regardless of the loss that you are experiencing.
9. A Church Calendar! Please note at the bottom of most of our emails, you will not only have instant access to our church website, but we have added our Church Calendar. We will make every effort to keep it up to date. We think you will find this a very handy tool as you plan your days. Let the office know if you want to add a church event/activity to it.
10. Walking Assisted Devices – If you have a need to borrow a device, we have one or more of the following: Wheelchairs, stand-up walkers (2 wheels & 4 wheels), crutches, and canes.
11. Daily Bread (LG and SM print) and Days of Praise are available on the Information Table. You might want to include one in a valentine’s or another greeting card.
12. You asked and they have arrived! We will have Larry Morbitt CDs and DVDs available for purchase at the Welcome Center counter. $15.00 each or 2 for $25.00