1. Movie Night is this Friday, Feb. 18th at 6 PM. We will be showing a great family movie titled “Facing the Giants.” It has a great message that we know you will enjoy. Invite your family and friends. Bring snacks to share with others.
2. Our next Work Day at the church will be Monday, Feb. 21st from 9 – 11 AM. There will be a variety of projects for you to choose from. These have turned out to be great times for developing friendships. We would love to have you join us.
3. Ladies – Your new Bible Study, by Anne Graham Lotz, titled “Jesus in Me” begins this Wednesday, Feb. 16th from 10 AM to noon. This would be a great time to get other ladies involved. The study time involves a video, praise songs, and small-group discussions with prayer.
4. Men’s Breakfast & Bible Study, Thursday at 6 AM. It will be our privilege to have Missionary Brian Weed share with us. His passion for Christ and winning people to Christ will really inspire all of us. Invite a friend.
5. Would you like some really great Christian music to listen to? Then purchase one or more of Larry Wayne Morbitt’s CDs or DVDs. They are $15 each or two for $25; found at the Welcome Center.
6. Be sure to highlight April 1, 2 & 3 on your calendar for our Bible Conference with Dr. Robert Morgan. We are so fortunate to be able to have him. He has authored right at forty books. He wrote the endorsement for my new book, “Moments with the Lord” which will be released on March 14th. Dr. Morgan is such a gifted teacher of the Scriptures.
7. Church Membership is such a privilege. It is one of the ways in which you openly endorse our beliefs. As stated in “What We Believe” on our website … “We believe the Bible is the inspired Word of God, sufficient and authoritative for all matters of which it speaks.” If you are not a member, we invite you to give it prayerful consideration and come to a Membership Class to see what Jubilee is all about. Membership Applications are available on the Welcome Center Table. A class is planned for the near future.
8. Recycling – We have a younger man in our church who is helping his family financially by collecting plastic water bottles and aluminum cans. Since the pandemic money has been a concern for his mother, so he is trying all he can to do his part. We can help him and his mother out by collecting empty water bottles and aluminum cans. We currently have THREE (3) BLUE RECYCLE containers that are specifically for that purpose. One is in the café area; one is in the office area and one is near the rear hallway door (near the music room). Please do not throw your empty water bottles in the trash; please put them in the BLUE recycling containers. Thank you.
9. Office Hours – Please note the normal office hours: Monday through Thursday – 9:00 am to 4:00 pm. Sometimes staff will come into the office (based on their discretion) on Friday or Saturday based on their workload and what needs to be accomplished. Please keep this in mind as you seek assistance from the office staff.
10. Next church luncheon will be Tuesday, March 1st. Tickets will go on sale, this Sunday. See Anita in the foyer. Tickets will be $10. The program, “Are Falls a Normal Part of Aging … I Don’t Think So.” Speaker: Cheri Fitzgerald
PLEASE WATCH FOR EMAILS FROM THE CHURCH. WE WILL BE SENDING INFORMATION RELATIVE TO SECURITY AT VJF.
DETAILS TO FOLLOW.