1. Special Offering to Help the People in Ukraine. If you would like to contribute to helping the people in Ukraine, we recommend you consider either Samaritan’s Purse or Rev. Fred Humann and Music Works International. (He has been working with several seminaries and pastors for ten years, in Ukraine.) Make your check out to VJF and indicate on the memo line which ministry you prefer.
2. Be Sure to Reserve These Dates: April 1-3, for our Bible Conference with Dr. Robert Morgan. He will do one session Friday evening at 6 PM; Saturday morning from 9-12 noon he will do three sessions; and Sunday, he will do two different messages … one at 10 AM and the other at 11:30 AM. We would encourage you to attend at both hours. We will receive a love offering for his ministry. Make it a matter of prayer. Be sure to encourage others to attend.
3. Looking Ahead – on Friday, May 20th, at 6 PM, we will have Jubilee’s
5th Anniversary Celebration Dinner. Our special guest will be Joni Erickson Tada. Highlight the date on your calendar.
4. A fun time will be enjoyed with illusionists Michael and Jeannie Stinton. It will be our monthly luncheon on Tuesday, April 19th. The cost for the catered luncheon will be $10 and tickets will go on sale on April 3rd.
5. A Great Response … our thanks to all of you who completed your “Serving Opportunity” form. If you did not have a chance to complete the form, which identifies which ministries you would like to serve on, they are available on the Welcome Center Table. If you have a completed one, please turn it in at the Welcome Center.
6. Bible Alive – Richard Abbey’s class will NOT MEET this Sunday, the 27th. The class will resume in April with a new study on the book of Philemon.
7. Did you know … the Women’s Ministry is having a fundraiser? The worthy cause is the Ventura County Christian School; specifically, to help support the teachers who so generously give of their personal resources for many school supplies and children’s needs. In addition to financial support, your fervent prayers are needed as this school may be facing a 500% rent increase. You can bring your gifts to the church office or at the Women’s Bible Study on Wednesday morning. Be sure to indicate Women’s Ministry on your check.
8. Recycling – We have a younger man in our church who is helping his family financially by collecting plastic water bottles and aluminum cans. We currently have 3 BLUE RECYCLE containers that are specifically CANS & BOTTLES. Please do not throw your empty water bottles; please put them in the BLUE recycling containers. Thank you to Dow Jones for faithfully gathering these each week!