1. Franklin Graham is asking churches to unite in prayer through Sunday, April 24th for the fighting in Ukraine to stop and for peace to be restored.
2. Easter Sunday was an incredible day at our fellowship. The choir was fantastic. The people in the sound booth were amazing. The sense of joy in the services was thrilling. May Jesus Christ be praised! Between the two services, our close estimation is that we had nearly 270 people attend, including several visitors. Praise the Lord!
3. Corrupt Legislation – There is a piece of legislation making its way through our legislature that needs to be stopped. It is AB 2223, which supports the killing of babies, even 7 days after birth. You read that correctly. It will no longer be a crime. We need to pray fervently that it will be stopped.
Unfortunately, there are four bills before our California Legislature that you should be aware of:
* This one I just mentioned, AB2223 – Infanticide
* SB 1142, our tax dollars used to fund out-of-state women to come to CA for abortions.
* SB1419, restricts parents/legal guardians’ access to minor’s medical records.
* AB2098, censors’ physicians and doctors
To take action, you can go to: wearerootedwings.com
4. Have you received Christ in one of our services? If you have, please let us know so that we can rejoice with you and encourage you in your new life. If you are a new believer, the next thing Jesus would have you do is to be baptized as a witness to your new life in Christ.
5. Why not pray about becoming a member of Jubilee? To join, you must be a born-again Christian. There are membership application forms at the Welcome Center. Get one, fill it out and return it to the church office and we will take it from there.
6. Be sure to save the date, Friday, May 20th for our 5th Anniversary Dinner Celebration. It will be a GREAT event!
7. Tomorrow, Wednesday, April 20th A new Women’s Bible Study will start at 10 AM. The study will be on Dr. David Jeremiah’s book “Where Do We Go From Here? You won’t want to miss this study which takes us on a tour of today’s major issues, showing us where we are, what they mean, and what we should do next. The book: $10.
8. This Sunday, Bill Abeyta’s Bible Alive Class (Church Office) will start a new study titled, My Way–His Way, “The Discipline of Faith”. Come and join in at 8:45 AM.
9. Something to Reflect on … In Revelation 20:11-15 the Apostle John describes an experience he had: “Then I saw a great white throne and Him who sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away. And there was found no place for them. And I saw the dead, small and great, standing before God, and books were opened. And another book was opened, which is the Book of Life. And the dead were judged according to their works, by the things which were written in the books. The sea gave up the dead who were in it, and Death and Hades delivered up the dead who were in them. And they were judged, each one according to his works. Then Death and Hades were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. And anyone not found written in the Book of Life was cast into the lake of fire.”
John witnessed the judgment of those who counted on their works to be good enough to get them into heaven — but we are not saved by our works. We can only be saved and assured of heaven by trusting in the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ. By faith in Christ, our names are recorded in the Lamb’s Book of Life. In vs. 15 we read, “And anyone not found written in the Book of Life was cast into the lake of fire.”
· Do you really know Jesus in a personal way?
· Are you really living for Him and His glory?
· Or, are you just drifting or coasting and not really committed to Him?
· Do you really love Him with your entire being?
· Do you love His Word, the Scriptures, and His church?
There is a rapidly growing attempt to silence those who are followers of Christ. The Bible says “The LORD knows those who are His. I pray that each of us will stand up for Him and be counted as His, as the storm clouds gather.