1. Sunday was another great day! We always love it when the Gospel Band leads us in worship. I grew up on the kind of music they play and I dearly love it. From the reaction of the worshipers, I gather I am not alone. Thank you, my brothers.
2. Many thanks to Randy, Kristin, and Lesley for the great way they handled everything in the sound booth on Sunday. Our head engineer, Mike Wickham was ill, but the trio rose to the occasion. God Bless You.
3. Can you believe that next Sunday is May 1st! This year is just flying by. Just a reminder that we will be observing the LORD’S SUPER, also known as Holy Communion. Let’s spend the week preparing our hearts for this celebration.
4. Looking ahead – Friday, May 20th at 6 PM, we will be celebrating our 5th anniversary, as a church. We will convert the Worship Center into a banquet hall, have a wonderful dinner (free) great program, guest speaker, and more. We want all of you present. Reservation sign-ups will be on May 1, 8, and 15. Do not delay as we expect a full house.
5. Attention, Attention … Sunday, May 8th is Mother’s Day! We want to honor all the mothers. We had several ladies pick a very special gift for all the ladies present. That Sunday, I plan to teach “God’s Plan for the Family.”
6. Church Membership – It truly is a great joy to belong to the family of God through church membership. Your commitment to Jubilee is an outward sign of showing your commitment to the work of this church in discipleship, prayer, Bible study, fellowship, and more. If you are interested in expressing your interest in church membership, please pick up a Membership Application form at the Welcome Center, complete it and turn it into the Church Office.
7. Have you followed the LORD in Believer’s Baptism? Scripturally, water baptism is a testimony or witness of your new life in Christ. It is a step that our Savior asks us to take. If you haven’t been baptized since becoming a Christian, let’s take that step right away. You will be blessed and your Lord will be honored.
8. Would you like to be in our Choir? They are going to be rehearsing regularly now on Sundays at 4 PM. This would be the tie to join. Pastor Mike has some wonderful new music.
9. Are you looking for some great reading material? Be sure to check our Church Library. If you find a book or books you are interested in, you have choices –
· You can keep the book
· You can pass it on to someone else
· You can return it.
Jackie Peterson has done a terrific job of organizing the books and displaying them. (Thank you, Jackie!)
10. Ventura County Pregnancy Center has hired a Medical Director. This is a long-awaited answer to prayer. The VCPC is now seeking to fill the following positions, if interested, contact the Church Office.
· Nurse Manager
· Spanish Advocate
· Client Services Director
11. New Women’s Bible Study – “Where Do We Go From Here?” by Dr. David Jeremiah. We already have over 40 women signed up for this study, which covers major issues we are facing in our schools, our communities, our state, and of course, our nation! We are only one week into it, so there is plenty of time to still sign up. See Carolyn Morales for a study book, $10. Bible Study takes place on Wednesdays at 10 AM.