1. Church Membership Class, Saturday, June 4th at 9:00 AM, in the Conference Room. We would love to have you join if you have a personal faith relationship with Jesus Christ. If interested, please get the Membership Application form at the Welcome Center, complete it and get it to us right away.
2. Services for Clarence Brueckner: Friday at 2 PM, the burial will take place at Conejo Mt. Cemetery. Saturday, at 10 AM, the memorial service will be at Pleasant Valley Bible Church; 1101 E. Ponderosa Dr., Camarillo.
3. MANY, many thanks to everyone who worked so hard to make our anniversary service such a special event. It was a wonderful evening.
4. A Very Special Prayer Meeting, PRAYER POINT ON June 8th at 6 PM. That evening, we will be praying for the personal needs of our church family. In the pockets of our sanctuary chairs, there are yellow Prayer Request cards. Place no more than 2 or 3 personal requests on the card and place them in one of the baskets on the tables as you enter/exit the sanctuary. We are exhorted to pray for one another and bear one another’s burdens. Please join us. At the end of the evening, we will offer anointing, with oil, and prayer for special needs.
5. An Opportunity to Serve – Child Evangelism Fellowship, August 3-14 is the Ventura County Fair and they need volunteers to help set up the Little Red Schoolhouse and then to work 3-hour shifts when you would have an opportunity to invite children to receive Jesus. They will provide training. If you can help, contact the director, Olu Adefope, at 323-209-9879.
6. As we approach Pentecost Sunday, on June 5th, World Partners has invited us to consider designating an offering to go to the Global Initiative fund which makes grants to help expand the disciple-making reach of global movement leaders. Special offering envelopes, along with an informational brochure are available on the Information Table.
7. Sunday, May 29th will be a “Patriotic Sunday,” as we commemorate Memorial Day weekend. In addition to a special video, our worship songs will reflect the freedom and blessings God has bestowed on our nation. Pastor Leonard’s message is titled, “Called to Community – Body Life”.
“Let us think of ways to motivate one another to acts of love and good works. And let us not neglect our meeting together, as some people do, but encourage one another, especially now that the day of his return is drawing near.” Hebrews 10:24-25