1. Impact 2022 – Annual Missions Focus – July & August. During these two months, we ask you to pray about what the Lord would have you give to spread the good news about Jesus, locally and globally. I’m pleased to say that the Walkers will be here from New Zealand in August.
2. Just a word to those of you who have not yet returned to fellowship at Jubilee — we miss you! The Holy Spirit is so faithfully working in our services. We are using every means possible to stay in touch with you and encourage you; and, we appreciate that many of you are staying connected with the ministry of Jubilee in different ways. Maybe you do not plan to ever return or you have gone on to another church. Would you be so kind as to let us know? We do not want to pester you. If you do plan to return, you may want to come to the second service, at 11:30 AM. There is plenty of room to spread out at that hour.
3. Tuesday, July 12th, we will have our next luncheon. We will have, as our guest speaker, a representative from the Ventura County Area Agency on Aging. There are so many different programs available to help seniors. The cost of the luncheon is $10.
4. This Sunday – Pastor Mike Sherrow and the choir will be presenting their Patriotic Musical, “Thankful to be an American.” Bring your friends!
5. Cell Phone – The modern-day cell phones are certainly a blessing. We can snap pictures, look up things on the internet and take important calls when we are out and about. But like all other technology, the cell phone can be a terrible distraction. Every week prior to the worship service we put a “notice” on the screen as people arrive to politely remind them to silence cell phones. We also put a reminder into the SOARING bulletin: PLEASE SILENCE YOUR MOBILE DEVICES. Unfortunately, the message is not being received … so we are giving you another “gentle” reminder. If you plan on bringing a cell phone to a church event, please make a special effort to silence your cell phone. Many of us have personally witnessed too many occurrences of cell phones “going off” and disturbing the gathering. If you need to have your cell phone with you for emergency reasons, then please set it to vibrate and keep it nearby so that you will be alerted. Thank you for helping us with this concern.
6. An Opportunity to Serve – Child Evangelism Fellowship – August 3-14 is the Ventura County Fair and they need volunteers to help set up the Little Red Schoolhouse, and volunteers to work 3-4 hour shifts sharing the Gospel with the children who visit the Little Red Schoolhouse. CEF will provide training. If you can help, contact the director, Olu Adefope, at 323-209-9879.