1. Missions Impact 2022! Your Giving — More Souls in Heaven. During July and August, we are seeking by God’s grace, as much as possible to strengthen the ministries of the missionaries and para-church groups that we support through a love offering. Ask the Holy Spirit to impress on your heart what you should give. Be sure to mark your giving “Missions Impact 2022.”
2. Church Membership. Jubilee continues to welcome new members into the family of God. We want it to be a place that you call my “church home.” If you are interested in joining or would like more information, please complete a “Church Membership Application” form. They are available at the Welcome Center.
3. Operation Christmas Child Alert! July clearance sales are underway. The perfect time to start gathering good items for shoebox gift supplies. We have boxes available for anyone who needs them to measure what can fit, or to start filling some with what you already have. If you come across a great buy, (for example good flip-flops, t-shirts, or school supplies for a 75% reduction) call Nancy at 805-340-4393 so we can spread the word. Staples is having a “Forward to School” sale now on school items. And, remember the free flashlights and tools at Harbor Freight. Questions or ideas? Talk to Nancy Drake, Grace Incollingo, Anne Tally, Lora Umphress, Carlene Lowe, or Barbara Klassen, for helpful, fun information.
4. Praise the Lord! The boutique on Saturday realized just over $2000 for our women’s ministry. Many thanks to those who worked so hard with Pam for the setup and then to tear down and helping set up for Sunday worship.
5. The next two Sundays I will be teaching on the Person and Ministry of the Holy Spirit. I want you to really get to know the Holy Spirit as a Person and “Why We Need Him”. Pray for me as I put the finishing touches on these messages.
6. Men’s Breakfast and Bible Study every Thursday at 6:00 AM. This week our study will be from James 1:13-17 on “Where Are We Today?”.
7. Caring for the Walkers from New Zealand – we believe the Walkers will be with us from August 8th – 18th. This would be a wonderful opportunity for you to get to know them personally. Please contact Don Fromberg (805-469-6650) if you would like to schedule a lunch or dinner with them. You could also invite them to your small group.