1. Veteran’s Luncheon – November 15th at noon. We want to honor each of you who have served or are serving in some branch of the military. A special program is being prepared in your honor. We have a special sign-up card for you to use to register for the luncheon. Be sure to mark which branch of the military you served in and if your spouse will be attending with you.
2. Movie Night is scheduled for Friday, October 21. We will be showing, “The Ultimate Gift”… a 3-part series.
3. Be sure to vote in the mid-terms on November 8. I believe these may be the most important mid-terms in the history of our nation. You can click on this website; electionforum.org and scroll down to where you then click on “California”. Be an informed voter!
4. Remember the Grief Support Group will be meeting on Tuesday, Oct. 11 at 4:00 PM. If you are experiencing any kind of loss, you are encouraged to attend this very special hour of care support. Certified Grief Counselor, Paul Lenderman, leads this group in a time of sharing and prayer.
5. Attention Shoebox fillers! For those who are getting articles for your shoeboxes, we have learned that the folding scissors that were shown last Sunday, are now half off at Hobby Lobby. They were $9.99, NOW only $4.99! They are travel approved and perfect for the OCC shoeboxes. They are called: Fiskars Folding Travel Scissors.
Directory Updates – Over the past several months, we have received numerous updates to our church directory plus the addition of several new members. We hope to have a new directory ready in November. We need your help!
CHECK THE CURRENT DIRECTORY, online or at the Welcome Center. If any of your personal data is incorrect, please make the corrections on a “Green Card” located at the Welcome Center or the Information Table. Return it to the Welcome Center.
IF YOU WOULD LIKE A PICTURE (or a retake) in the directory, plan to have your picture taken between services on Sundays, October 23 and 30, in the church conference room.