1. This Sunday the VJF Choir will present “It’s Still the Greatest Story Ever Told.” Pastor Leonard will bring a short message on “Why Jesus Came.” We ask that you be much in prayer for the health and strength of all our people. Be sure to invite family and friends.
2. Be sure to sign up for our Christmas Dinner on Friday, December 16th at 6 PM. Regular attendees from Jubilee will have the first chance to occupy available seating. Others will be put on a waiting list. The cost for this full-course turkey dinner is $10. Special guests for the evening will be the Evidence Quartet.
3. Church Membership – recently we received 13 new members. We believe there are others who might want to join. Membership application forms are at the Welcome Center. Fill them out and return them to the church office.
4. Believer’s Baptism – soon, in the new year, we will have a baptism service and use our new baptistry for the first time. Several have indicated they are ready. We believe the Bible teaches that baptism should be by immersion. Forms are at the Welcome Center. Bring your completed form to the church office.
5. Attention All Men!!! Don’t miss the Men’s Breakfast and Bible Study this week. A long-time missionary friend of mine, Carey Holmquist, has been ministering in Belarus. He will have with him Pasha Shelpuh, originally from Belarus. Pasha is a very gifted musician and will be playing his electronic violin. We encourage you to invite others. PLEASE let Pastor Jim know if you and others are coming so that we are sure to have enough food. A suggested donation of $5 would be appreciated.
6. Ladies’ Bible Study will have their last session with the Red Sea Rules study book. It will be a very special day with a time set aside for a “Happy Birthday Jesus” celebration. We hope that all of you who have been in this study will be able to attend. The new study will begin after the first of the year.
7. Church Directory — Those of you who download our Instant Church Directory have probably noticed a lot of updated information with several new pictures. If you are unable to download the directory onto your phone/iPad or computer, hard (printed) copies will be available at the Welcome Center.
8. Many thanks to those who showed up to help decorate the church for Christmas. It looks beautiful. Your efforts are deeply appreciated.
9. Reminder – We want to put together a team to help with our monthly movie nights. The team will make recommendations to staff on movies that the Jubilee family would enjoy. If you enjoy movies, this may be a perfect ministry for you.