1. Have you checked our Church Library recently? There is a multitude of great books wonderfully displayed by Jackie Peterson. Thank you, Jackie! There are commentaries, single-volume books, or great Biblical themes … even some fiction. Make use of this wonderful resource. You can read and return, read and pass on to others or read and keep.
2. Church Membership – on Saturday, April 22nd at 9 AM we will have a Membership Class. If you have chosen Jubilee as your church home, I want to encourage you to officially become a member. Get the membership form at the Welcome Center. Once completed, return it to the church office.
3. Believer’s Baptism – Saturday, April 22nd at 10:15 AM. We have a brand new baptistry waiting to be used for the first time and several who are ready to follow the LORD in obedience to baptism. Just as a wedding indicates a special relationship with someone you love, baptism is the same. It is a public witness that you have accepted Jesus as your Savior and are wholeheartedly committed to following Him. Get the baptismal form at the Welcome Center, and once completed, bring it to the church office.
4. Jubilee Jackets – Recently, someone noticed my Jubilee jacket and wondered where I got it. Some time ago, I wanted to do something for the staff to express my appreciation for them and we hit on the idea of a jacket or vest with the church logo. They turned out very well and were not very expensive. If you are interested in getting one, in the office.
5. Our next “Monthly Luncheon” will be May 9th at noon. “Music That Inspires Our Hearts” is the theme. Mark your calendars, this program is for you! Sign-up will begin on April 16th. When you RSVP, you’ll receive a “ballot” to vote for your favorite hymn(s).
6. Operation Christmas Child pill bottle update. Thank you for bringing in so many of the larger pill bottles. We can use more! If you have any big ones, please bring them to church and put them in the red bin on the Information Table in the foyer. Thank you!!!!
7. REMINDER – Women’s Bible Study resumes tomorrow, 04/12.
We also start our LOVE ON THE LIGHTHOUSE Welcome Basket Collection.
Note what we are collecting and when:
04/12 – Shower sponges & travel-sized Q-tip packs;
04/19 – Make-Up removal pads & Gum/Hard Candy;
04/26 – Mints & Chapstick;
05/03 – Travel-sized Hand lotion & fleecy-fuzzy-fun socks;
05/10 – Scripture Bookmarks.
THIS COLLECTION PROJECT IS OPEN TO ALL VJF LADIES!! Thanks for bringing hope, courage, and Jesus’ love to our community.
8. CELL PHONES – PLEASE silence your cell phone as you enter the church building or attend a church event. Our “customized” ringtones or notifications can be awfully distracting to others in the church body. Just remember to extend grace to those who forget to silence their cell phones.
9. Job Opportunity – We are recruiting for a part-time Administrative Assistant position. If you are interested, we have the Job Description in the office. Stop by for a copy.
10. For those of you who may be interested in attending Claude Alsup’s grave-side service please note the following details: April 12th; 10-11 AM at the Oakwood Memorial Park & Cemetery; 22601 Lassen Street, Chatsworth, CA 93311
11. A special thank you to Pastor Mike Sherrow, the Choir, and the Media Team for all that went into presenting “I Will Rise.” It was a beautiful and inspirational message of the hope and promise He has given us.