1. Church Membership Class – on Saturday, April 22nd at 9 AM. If you plan to come, we MUST have your Membership Application prior to Saturday morning. You may bring it to the church office.
2. Believer’s Baptism – Saturday, April 22nd at 10:15 AM. We have a brand new baptistry waiting to be used for the first time and several who are ready to follow the LORD in obedience to baptism. If you plan to come, we MUST have your Baptism Application prior to Saturday. You may bring it to the office.
3. Jubilee Jackets – Some time ago, I wanted to do something for the staff to express my appreciation for them and we hit on the idea of a jacket or vest with the church logo. Several have asked about them; so, if you are interested in a jacket or vest, come to the church office and see a sampling. Ordering information will be available.
4. Our next “Monthly Luncheon” will be May 9th at noon. “Music That Inspires Our Hearts” is the theme. Mark your calendars, this program is for you! Sign-up will begin on April 16th. When you RSVP, you’ll receive a “ballot” to vote for your favorite hymn(s). Cost: $10
5. Operation Christmas Child pill bottle update. Thank you for bringing in so many of the larger pill bottles. We can use more! If you have any big ones, please bring them to church and put them in the red bin on the Information Table in the foyer. Thank you!!!!
6. REMINDER – Women’s Bible Study resumes tomorrow, 04/12.
We also start our LOVE ON THE LIGHTHOUSE Welcome Basket Collection. Note what we are collecting and when:
√ 04/12 – Shower sponges & travel-sized Q-tip packs;
04/19 – Make-Up removal pads & Gum/Hard Candy;
04/26 – Mints & Chapstick;
05/03 – Travel-sized Hand lotion & fleecy-fuzzy-fun socks;
05/10 – Scripture Bookmarks.
THIS COLLECTION PROJECT IS OPEN TO ALL VJF LADIES!! Thanks for bringing hope, courage, and Jesus’ love to our community.
7. CELL PHONES – PLEASE silence your cell phone as you enter the church building or attend a church event. Our “customized” ringtones or notifications can be awfully distracting to others in the church body. Just remember to extend grace to those who forget to silence their cell phones.
8. Job Opportunity – We are recruiting for a part-time Administrative Assistant position. If you are interested, we have the Job Description in the office. Stop by for a copy.
9. Memorial Service for Bob and Darlene Ketola – You are invited to attend the service for Bob and Darlene. It will be Tuesday, April 25th at 2 PM, at our church. Chaplain Paul Lenderman will be officiating.
10. A special thank you to Colleen Suddock for beautifying our ladies’ restroom. What a difference her decorating touch has made! Thank you, Colleen … and Ben for helping too!
11. Woo-Hoo! It’s Movie Night this Friday, April 21. Come and join in the Fabulous Food and Film! Bring your favorite snacks and enjoy “Letters to God.” See you at 6 PM.
12. Reminder to the Handbell Choir. There will be no practice on Tuesday, April 25th due to the Ketola Memorial Service.