1. Do you have trouble sharing your faith? One ministry that trains its members on how to share their faith is the Gideons. We have invited them to put on a training for our church. It will be Monday, May 22nd from 1 – 3 PM. It is open to both men and women. I hope many of you will take advantage of this training and plan to attend. So that we have enough booklets for everyone, we need to know if you plan to attend. SAVE THE DATE … Class registration will start soon.
2. Jubilee Jackets – Some time ago, I wanted to do something for the staff to express my appreciation for them and we hit on the idea of a jacket or vest with the church logo. Several have asked about them; so, if you are interested in a jacket or vest, come to the church office and see a sampling. Ordering information will be available.
3. Our next “Monthly Luncheon” will be May 9th at noon. “Music That Inspires Our Hearts” is the theme. Mark your calendars, this program is for you! When you RSVP, you’ll receive a “ballot” to vote for your favorite hymn(s). Cost: $10
4. Operation Christmas Child pill bottle update. Thank you for bringing in so many of the larger pill bottles. We can use more! If you have any big ones, please bring them to church and put them in the red bin on the Information Table in the foyer. Thank you!!!!
We also start our LOVE ON THE LIGHTHOUSE Welcome Basket Collection.
Note what we are collecting and when:
√ 04/12 – Shower sponges & travel-sized Q-tip packs;
√ 04/19 – Make-Up removal pads & Gum/Hard Candy;
04/26 – Mints & Chapstick;
05/03 – Travel-sized Hand lotion & fleecy-fuzzy-fun socks;
05/10 – Scripture Bookmarks. THIS COLLECTION PROJECT IS OPEN TO ALL VJF LADIES!! Thanks for bringing hope, courage, and Jesus’ love to our community.
5. Job Opportunity – We are recruiting for a part-time Administrative Assistant position. If you are interested, please stop by the office for a copy of the Job Description.
6. Memorial Service for Bob and Darlene Ketola – You are invited to attend the service for Bob and Darlene. It will be TODAY, April 25th at 2 PM, at our church. Chaplain Paul Lenderman will be officiating.
7. On Thursday, May 4th, remember to join thousands of other intercessors across our nation as we pray for our nation and its leaders. This 72nd annual observance of the National Day of Prayer began in 1952 by a joint act of Congress. The president is required by law to sign a proclamation each year, encouraging all Americans to pray on this day. This year’s theme: PRAY FERVENTLY IN RIGHTEOUSNESS AND AVAIL MUCH … James 5:16B “The effective, fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much.”