1. A Word of Caution – Please be very careful when backing out of a parking spot, here at Jubilee. The parking area is narrow and recently someone almost was hit. Fortunately, someone got the driver’s attention, and an injury was avoided. Also, please be mindful of Jubilee’s parking spaces on Sunday mornings. We share the front parking lot with Liminal church. Our spaces are clearly designated with signs. We recently had a kind reminder from them. There are several spaces in the back (and a back entrance).
2. Have you ever considered including the church in your will or trust? Frequently, when someone dies, we read of them bequeathing a part of their estate to some secular organization they have supported. I wonder, at those times, if they ever thought of how the church has ministered to them over the years, building them up in their faith, encouraging them in their walk, and helping in their time of need. This is just a thought, but one I hope you will consider.
3. Our Grief Support Group will meet today at 4 PM. Come and join Certified Grief Counselor Paul Lenderman for an hour of sharing and caring. It is a very special time that is an integral part of the grieving process.
4. Training for Sharing Your Faith. I suppose most of us have moments of fear when it comes to sharing our faith. I am thrilled to share with you that on Monday, May 22nd, from 1 – 3 PM, Mark McNett of the Gideons will be presenting a workshop “CONVERSATIONS: A Simple Approach to Sharing the Gospel.” I hope many of you will take the training. It is free, but we do need you to sign up so that we have enough booklets. Sign-ups begin this Sunday, May 14th.
5. Mother’s Day Next Sunday – we thank the LORD for all of the mothers, grandmothers, and great-grandmothers that make Jubilee. We look forward to celebrating you on Sunday morning with a special token of our appreciation for all you do. Pastor Jim will be sharing “The Influence of a Godly Mother.”
6. Summer Supper Clubs (SSC) are coming! These clubs are a great way to make connections and build friendships. The goal is for each club to get together to share a meal, a minimum of 3 times from June through August. Look for the beautiful table setting, in the back of the Worship Center, registration forms are there and on the Welcome Center Table. We’ve already had numerous sign-ups … won’t you join in?
7. Ladies, a Summer Bible Study is being planned. The session dates are June 7th – Sept. 13th. We will start at 10 AM with prayer and announcements and then dismiss to study groups, closing at 11:30 AM. Each week is a different topic so you can come as often as you are available. “The Day Approaching” study guide is now available. You can register Wednesday morning. Cost: $15
8. Movie Night will be on Friday, May 19th. Come join in on the snacks, fellowship, and the movie, “Letters to God.”
9. VJF Women’s Love on the Lighthouse: Starting 05/10, we will be collecting Scripture Bookmarks. The tubs are in the foyer.
10. Please excuse the mess … there is some major remodeling going on in the Ladies’ bathroom. You are welcome to use the one in the office.
11. WANTED: USHERS — Come and join this vital ministry. We want all of our folks, members and visitors alike, to feel welcome when they enter the Worship Center. Have you noticed that more and more folks are visiting Jubilee? Possibly their first impression is the welcoming usher that gives them a bulletin and helps them find a seat.
Did you commit to praying for those who were baptized this past Sunday? Let’s pray that the Lord will bless them as they blessed us through their public profession of their faith. We lift you in prayer … Frank, Ty, and Avia.