1. The CHILI COOK-OFF was a grand success. About 120 people shared a time of Western music from Jubilee’s own Gospel Band, fellowship, and CHILI this past Friday night. A huge thanks to more than 36 volunteers who made the evening one, that no doubt, assures another cook-off next year! In case you were unable to attend, here is a list of the 2023 Winners… Congratulations on a job very well done!
3rd Place – Phyllis Wight (Golden Nugget Chili) tied with Patrick Dain (El Cid Chili)
2nd Place – Delores Barnes (To Bean or Not to Bean)
3rd Place – Don Fromberg (Pop’s Prime Rib Chili
Best Chili Name: Diana Lunde with Silly Willy Hillbilly Chili
Most Creative Chili: Catherine Keiser & Carol McCarty with Double Delight tied with Pastor Jim with Say Your Prayers Chili
Cook-Off Best Chili – Patrick Dain with El Cid Chili
2. Don’t forget, our “Noon Prayer Time” meets at 11 AM each Thursday. We are guided through the prayer needs of our people, the church, our government, and more. “Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and you shall find; knock and it shall be opened unto you…” Matt 7:7
3. The Jubilee Women’s Bible Study has a few spaces available. Study books are ($15). Join us this Wednesday at 9:30 AM.
4. The Deaconess Meeting will be Thursday, February 2nd at 9:30 AM. (Communion set-up at 9:00 AM.)
5. We have openings for Vesper helpers. Vespers is an afternoon church for residents in Assisted Living Facilities. The duties range from song leaders, pianists, and greeters/assistants, to teachers/pastors. The commitment is typically once a month for one hour. If you feel God calling you to get involved in a ministry, we currently have two openings. Contact Nancy Drake, at 805-340-4393 … you are guaranteed to be blessed.
6. Jubilee tax receipt letters, were mailed out on Monday, January 30th, for those that were not picked up on Sunday. If you have any questions, address corrections, etc. please contact Lesley, in the church office.
7. You are welcome to join a Bible Alive class anytime. Classes begin at 8:45 AM, each Sunday morning. Our teachers, Pastor Jim, Richard Abbey, Bill Abeyta, and Rev. Pam Merillat all have different studies. Some are books of the Bible and some are subjects in the Bible. Contact the office or a teacher for further information.
8. Mark Your Calendar, our next monthly luncheon will be on Tuesday, February 28th. Details regarding the program and menu will be forthcoming.
9. Choir Practice will be Sunday, 02/05 at 4:00 PM.
10. Once again, our Lost & Found basket is “growing.” It is located by the Welcome Center. The basket will be “emptied” soon and the contents donated. Please take a peek … are you missing a coffee mug, an umbrella, or a man’s cap?? A Bible??
11. It’s time to mark your calendar …
Charlie H. Campbell – founder of Always Be Ready Apologetics Ministry (ABR) will come to Jubilee and share his story… from a confirmed atheist to a dynamic believer in the Truth. ABR is dedicated to equipping Christians to answer the challenging objections and questions that atheists and skeptics have about the trustworthiness of the Bible. March 17-19
Dr. Robert J. Morgan – a seasoned pastor, speaker, and author whom Jubilee has come to love and appreciate. His inspiring messages always bring refreshment to the Word as he shares through scripture memory and stories. October 13-15