1. Do you have trouble sharing your faith? One ministry that trains its members on how to share their faith is the Gideons. We have invited them to put on a training for our church. It will be Monday, May 22nd from 1 – 3 PM. It is open to both men and women. I hope many of you will take advantage of this training and plan to attend. So that we have enough booklets for everyone, we need to know if you plan to attend. SAVE THE DATE … Class registration will start soon.
2. We want to have Bibles available for you when you come to worship. If you need one, they are located on the entry tables, by the offering boxes. The Old & New Testament Bibles are a ministry of our Deacon Board and they have selected “Giant Print”, English Standard Version.
3. Our next “Monthly Luncheon” will be May 9th at noon. “Music That Inspires Our Hearts” is the theme. Mark your calendars, this program is for you! We have a few openings left … call the office if you would like to come. The FINAL day to purchase tickets will be Sunday, May 7th. Cost: $10
4. We also start our LOVE ON THE LIGHTHOUSE Welcome Basket Collection. Note what we are collecting and when:
√ 04/12 – Shower sponges & travel-sized Q-tip packs;
√ 04/19 – Make-Up removal pads & Gum/Hard Candy;
√ 04/26 – Mints & Chapstick;
05/03 – Travel-sized Hand lotion & fleecy-fuzzy-fun socks;
05/10 – Scripture Bookmarks. THIS COLLECTION PROJECT IS OPEN TO ALL VJF LADIES!! Thanks for bringing hope, courage, and Jesus’ love to our community.
5. Socks and Undies Sundays, May 14, 21 & 28. A Special Need from the Ventura County Rescue Mission. There is a significant need for some very specific items: brand-new socks and underwear for men and women (all sizes). A drop-off bin will be available in the foyer.
6. Job Opportunity – We are recruiting for a part-time Administrative Assistant position. If interested, please stop by the office for a copy of the Job Description.
7. If you are interested in purchasing a Jubilee logo jacket or vest, come to the office for further information.
8. On Thursday, May 4th, remember to join thousands of other intercessors across our nation as we pray for our nation and its leaders. This 72nd annual observance of the National Day of Prayer began in 1952 by a joint act of Congress. The president is required by law to sign a proclamation each year, encouraging all Americans to pray on this day. This year’s theme: PRAY FERVENTLY IN RIGHTEOUSNESS AND AVAIL MUCH … James 5:16B “The effective, fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much.”
9. Are you thinking about serving in a new or added ministry? We have a delightful opportunity for you … how ‘bout serving as an usher? As we have more and more visitors, the need to stand tall and be there “at their service” is a must! An usher training date will be set in the near future. We welcome ladies and gentlemen for this crucial role in representing Jubilee and serving the comfort of our church family. Please be in prayer about this ministry opportunity.
10. It is with sadness that we say “goodbye” to Shelley Decker. Shelley has been a member of Jubilee, since its inception, and has served as our “Welcome Center Leader” for several years. She and her team have taken attendance each Sunday, and as a result of her commitment to the people of our church has led a team of callers for those folks who have extended absences. Thank you, Shelley, you will be dearly missed as you move to Northern CA. May God bless you as you establish yourself in a new community and church.
11. May 7th Worship Celebration: Our service, this coming Sunday, will include communion, anointing, AND a baptism service. Prepare your hearts for remembering Jesus, praying in faith, and affirming decisions to follow Christ.
12. Summer Supper Clubs are coming in June, July, and August! These clubs are a great way to make connections and build lasting friendships. Everyone who signs up will be assigned to a small group of 6-8 people. The goal is for each club to get together and share a meal a minimum of 3 times during the event period. Registration begins May 7th. Let Pam know if you are interested in serving as a club organizer for your small group.
13. Be thinking about our annual Missions Emphasis in July and August. Pray about what you should give in support of our mission’s goal of $100,000. We will have three of our missionary couples with us.
14. HELP!! CALLING ALL TRUCK DRIVERS … HELP!! We have permission from our landlady to remove the (not-so-pretty) shrubs from our front walkway area. All we need is a truck, a chain, and a driver! If you can help us remove the shrubs (mostly under 3’) we could sure use your help for a couple of hours, at the most. Contact Pastor Jim or the office.