1. Bible Alive – There are four classes – two for anyone wanting to attend, one for men, and one for the ladies. There are real advantages to being in one of these classes. You’re welcome to attend any class, at any time.
· They have excellent teachers.
· There is the opportunity to interact and ask questions.
· You meet new people and build lasting friendships.
As pastor, I want to really encourage you to attend one of these classes.
2. Welcome Center Teams – We’re developing teams of two, to serve at the Welcome Center. Ideally, each team would serve at the Welcome Center once a month. Teams could be a couple, ladies, men, or both! Similarly, to our ushers, those who serve at the center, are the “face” of Jubilee. It’s that first impression that may be the lasting impression. Please give this ministry your prayerful consideration. You will be blessed! Contact one of the pastors or the church office if you are interested.
3. JoyBells – If you would like to be a part of this exciting new ministry, give Carol Davis a call at 559-246-2159. The bell choir practices every Tuesday afternoon at 2 PM.
4. The Good News Club is seeking a one-time volunteer for their upcoming Ventura County Fair Ministry. Also, they are in need of teachers who are willing to share the Gospel using the Wordless Book at the Little Red Schoolhouse. If you are able to participate in this open-air ministry, any day between August 2 and 13, please visit their website (cefventura.org) and register.
5. Ushers WANTED: USHERS — Come and join this vital ministry. We want all of our folks, members and visitors alike, to feel welcome when they enter the Worship Center. Have you noticed that more and more folks are visiting Jubilee? Possibly their first impression is the welcoming usher that gives them a bulletin and helps them find a seat. See one of the pastors, if interested.
6. Office Assistance – We are looking for a part-time office assistant. If you are interested, we encourage you to come to the office and we will give you a detailed job description.
7. “Celebration of Life” Luncheon and Planning Party! We’re going to make it easy, thoughtful, and fun … as you plan your own celebration. Tips and tools for pre-planning your own Celebration of Life, funeral, or memorial service. (Your family will thank you!) Sign up on Sunday … See Anita to register for the $10 lunch. It will be Tuesday, June 13th at noon.
8. We are still in need of large pill bottles for our Operation Christmas Child project. There is a box, in the foyer, designated for them. Nancy says “Thank you to all of you who have helped with this project”!!
9. Ladies, the Summer Bible Study is ready to go! We have over 50 ladies signed up. A different topic, each week, so you can come as often as you are available. “The Day Approaching” book & guide are now available. The cost is $15.
10. Communion and Anointing will be part of this Sunday’s service. Prepare your hearts and be in prayer for this special time.