1. Movie Night this Friday, June 18th, at 6 PM. We will be showing “God Bless the Broken Road.” This is a wonderful family film. It shows how God is gracious, patient, and healing a broken heart. Invite others to come with you and bring snacks to share with others. A reminder: we can only use next-door parking spaces at West Coast Sash & Doors, on Sundays. Please DO NOT use their parking spaces on Movie Night days. The entry door located at our back parking lot will be unlocked.
2. Women’s Ministry is back in full force again, every Wednesday at 10 AM. The new study is on Prayer, by Jim Cymbala. It is an excellent and inspiring study. They have just started, so there is still time to get involved and you can invite others.
3. Men’s Breakfast & Bible Study, Thursday at 6 AM. We are just about done with our study of Rich Devos’s book on ten principles for a successful life. This week our focus is on the importance of “FAITH.”
4. Church Membership – We will soon be having another membership class. If you have a personal faith relationship with Jesus Christ, then we would encourage you to join. If you haven’t been baptized by immersion, we ask you to do so in support of your relationship with Christ.
5. Handicapped Parking – the area in front of our building and closest to the street, on Sundays is marked by orange cones/blue signs. It is really important that only those with the handicapped insignia park there. Thank you for your help.
6. A Special Project – there is a high-powered projector that would help us present a much better picture on the screen. We haven’t said much about it, but we have received a gift toward its purchase. So, we are thinking that now is the time to consider the project seriously. It will cost $16,000. If you want to make a special gift towards it, be sure to mark it “Projector”.
7. Say, All You Men … this Sunday, June 20th is Father’s Day. We hope all of you dads can be present. We have a very special gift for each of you that I picked. Everyone who sees it wants one. That’s all I will say about it, but it is really a neat gift and it is not a tie!
8. We need your help with our Church Directory. We have printed a (draft) summer version and, later this year, we want to make it as complete and accurate as possible. For those of you already in it, please make sure your information is correct. If you are not in it, we want your information and photo. In August, we will be taking photos (new and updated) and will continue to gather your information. We plan to print the directories twice a year. In the interim, you can download them on your computer, phone, or iPad or pick up a draft copy at the Welcome Center. Updates, throughout the year, will automatically be reflected on your electronic devices.
9. My New Series on Spiritual Warfare — Pastor Jim and I share the teaching schedule here at Jubilee. Yesterday, after the response to the first message on Spiritual Warfare, he felt that maybe I should continue the series without a break. I believe he is right, so that is what we will do. It is probably one of the most important series I have ever done. Please be much in prayer for me as I prepare these messages.