1. We are updating our directory. Are you presently in it? Please check and see if the information is correct. If it isn’t, take a green revision card and update the information. If you are not in it and Jubilee is your church home, we want you in it. Plan to have your picture taken or updated. Pictures will be taken each Sunday during August, after church service in the Conference Room.
2. This is the last month of our special mission’s emphasis. We want to raise as much as possible to divide between our missionaries and parachurch ministries – 19 in all. Be sure to designate your special mission’s gifts, “Impact 2021”. What will God ask you to do?
3. Movie Night – Friday, August 13th at 6 PM, we will be showing “John Laurens’ War”. Be sure to bring snacks to be shared with others.
John Lauren was from So. Carolina. The movie tells of his fight for freedom for every slave in America, along with every colonist. During the war for American Freedom, John told his slave-owning father, “We have sunk the Africans…below the Standard for Humanity.” Along with his own freed slave, he defies his father and becomes a trusted top aide to George Washington, willing to risk everything to create liberty in the new nation. As an extraordinary warrior, brilliant visionary, charming enigma, John takes on the British Army, his father, the new Congress and before his death at age 27, he became one of our greatest abolitionists, 90 years before slavery ended in America.
4. Are you interested in knowing more about Jubilee and possible membership? If you are, save August 21st (Saturday) at 4 PM for a bar-b-que and great fellowship. We have a great dinner planned and it will be a special time of meeting with some of our church leadership. This is just for you who are interested in learning more about Jubilee and possible membership. For those interested in coming, we need you to let us know. Call the church office at 808-535-4325… there is no cost for this event.
5. Men’s Breakfast & Bible Study, every Thursday at 6 AM. The group is growing and digging in. Men, feel free to start any time and bring a friend. Your guest is free for their first visit. Otherwise, $5.00
6. Grief Group will be meeting next Tuesday, August 10th at 4 PM. Paul Lenderman, who leads the group is a Certified Grief Counselor. If you are struggling with any loss, recent or in the past, I would encourage you to attend.
7. We have two daily devotionals that we give out for free – “Our Daily Bread” and “Days of Praise.” These tools would help you have some time in God’s Word every day. I hope you will avail yourself of the devotionals.
8. Have you visited our library recently? It is located in the Conference Room next to Pastor Jim’s office. There is a ton of books in there. Jackie Peterson does a terrific job of maintaining the library. The books are free.
· You can take what you want and keep it.
· You can take what you want and pass it on to others.
· You can take what you want and then return it. The choice is yours.
9. Did you know? At 10 AM, each Sunday morning, you are welcome to come to Pastor Leonard’s office and join in prayer for the Sunday morning worship service. Your presence is welcome and appreciated.
10. John Allen reports that we have received $200 designated for bottled water for the homeless folks he ministers to, in town. Also, that he is aware of at least three men who are now reading their Bibles. Thank you for your prayer support!
11. There will be a gathering Wednesday, August 18th at 10 AM. We will revisit the videos from the Life-Changing Prayer- – Approaching the Throne of Grace videos (all 6 of them). We found the videos to be not only inspirational but also to be filled with the Holy Spirit. This event is open to all of the church. There will be an intermission between the 3rd and 4th videos, where light refreshments will be provided.
12. Annual Business Meeting is scheduled for Sunday, September 19th, after the church service. Please plan to attend as we vote on leadership.
13. Operation Christmas Child. Empty boxes will be available on Sept. 19th. School supplies are on sale NOW so it is a good time to get started collecting these most requested items for your shoeboxes. Our goal this year is 500 filled Shoeboxes. DID YOU KNOW? … our 385 filled boxes were shipped to Peru last year.