1. Pray with Us!! — Every Thursday at 11 AM a small prayer group meets in our Conference Rm/library. We would love to see this fellowship of prayer warriors grow. We meet for just one hour. Plan to join us. PRAYER MATTERS!!
2. “Holy Spirit, Rain Down!” That’s the focus of our prayer time every Sunday morning at 9:30 AM in Pastor Leonard’s office. We would love to have you join us as we ask the Holy Spirit to fill this place and our people.
3. We are in the final stretch of our Missions Conference, August 20-25. On Friday, August 25th, at 6 PM, we will have a Missions banquet. You don’t want to miss it. Great food, plus all kinds of fun things. How has the Holy Spirit been speaking to you about what He wants you to give towards our goal of $150,000?
4. On Tuesday, August 22nd, there will be a Ladies High Tea, at noon, where you will have a chance to meet the missionary wives who will be with us for our Missions Conference Week. Plan to sign up for this very special event at the Welcome Center on Sunday mornings.
5. Just a reminder that on September 17th, we will have our Annual Congregational Meeting. That day we will have just one service, at 10 AM. After the service, we will go into our business meeting. Everyone is welcome to attend, but members are really encouraged to be present and take the opportunity to vote for our church leadership.
6. Do you need help with your devotional life? We offer two free booklets — Our Daily Bread and Days of Praise. Either one or both will help you get focused for the day and help you to spend some time with our Lord. They are on the Information Table in the foyer.
7. If you can read music, we would love to have you join our handbell choir, The Joybells. We have many bells that we are not using, so there is room for you. Give Carol Davis a call at 559-246-2159. Let her know of your interest. They practice on Tuesdays at 2 PM.
8. Church Membership – If you have never officially joined Jubilee, we would encourage you to do so. Membership application forms are at the Welcome Center. Fill out the form and return it to the Church Office. You will be contacted shortly after.
9. You may not be aware that every Sunday morning, at 8:45 AM, we offer four interactive Bible Alive classes. One is for men, another is for ladies and the other two are for men and women. Give them a try. You are welcome to join anytime. Give it a try!
10. Table decorations … An opportunity for ladies who love to decorate … Every so often we have an event that we want to make extra special … so, we decorate the tables to make them very festive. Frequently, we have a reception for a memorial service and we could use ladies for that as well. If you could help and are willing to do so, please contact Anita Larson. I can assure you she would welcome the help. 805-901-5578
11. Be sure you are here the weekend of October 13-15. We will have Dr. Robert Morgan, one of the nation’s most gifted Bible teachers. You will be more blessed than you could ever imagine. Mark your calendars now so you don’t forget. He is currently doing several spots on Charles Morris’ “Haven Today” radio program with excerpts from his book, “Then Sings My Soul.”
12. Another event you don’t want to miss out on will be our Harvest BBQ Dinner! Save Friday, October 27th at 6 PM for this fun and yummy event. For our evening of entertainment, we will have Christian comedian, Robert G. Lee. He is really funny … and folks, sometimes life gets so heavy, we just need a good laugh! Ticket sales will start in September.
13. Attention Christmas Box Shoppers! Now is the time to start purchasing the Operation Shoe Box contents. School supplies are on sale everywhere, like Walmart, Office Depot, etc. Get those bargains … we want to stuff our boxes with great school supplies!
14. A reminder to call the church office if you want to sign up for the self-defense class. It is being offered on Saturday, August 19th at 11 AM, in our sanctuary. Dave Ide and Dave Inglis will be hosting this event and will be doing some defense techniques against attacks, mugging, purse takeaways, and assaults. Come and observe!
15. CONGRATULATIONS! To our local missionary couple Olu and Deanna (CEF) on the birth of their baby girl, Evelyn .. August 5th.