1. Membership Class – On Saturday, November 18th at 9 AM, we will be having a class for new members. Several have already turned in their application forms. If you are interested in membership, pick up the form at the Welcome Center. Once you complete it, turn it in at the Church Office. We would love to have you join.
2. Available Until Nov. 15th … Books by Dr. Robert Morgan. Still at conference prices!! Come by the church office to get yours. Or perhaps for a loved one who could use some encouragement.
3. Please continue praying for Israel and our nation. All of the anti-semitism riots across the country and the world are causing great unrest and insecurity As Christians, our real security is in Christ.
4. Do you need help? With rising costs across the board, more and more people are feeling the pinch. If you need help, don’t let pride keep you from asking. We will do our best to assist you. Contact one of the pastors or a deacon to let us know of your need.
5. Baptism by immersion – have you been baptized since you became a follower of Jesus? If you haven’t, I want to encourage you to do so at our next baptism service. You can indicate on the Information Card that you desire to be baptized or pick up the Baptism form at the Welcome Center. This is something the Lord personally asks us to do.
6. Many thanks to all who worked so hard to make the Harvest BBQ such a huge success. It was a wonderful evening. With all that is going on in our world, it felt so good to be able to laugh!
7. Thank you to all who came on Monday to help clean the church and help us get ready for the holidays. Your efforts are deeply appreciated.
8. Operation Christmas Child Boxes are now being collected. If you haven’t already, please, take a box and pray over it as you fill it with “joy” for a child who you may meet someday in heaven. The last day to bring your box is November 12th.
9. On Saturday, don’t forget to set your clocks back one hour when you go to bed. Yes! You will enjoy one extra hour of sleep!
10. Next Sunday, November 5th, we will be celebrating holy communion, plus we will be offering prayer and anointing with oil for those with any kind of special needs.
11. CONSTRUCTION SITE !!! Please be aware of the construction taking place at the 2 entrances to our sanctuary. The doors are being moved, in order to avoid them opening into the crowded foyer and no longer being a dangerous threat of hitting folks in the face.
12. DID YOU KNOW?? There are timely printed copies of our missionaries’ newsletters at the VJF Missions Literature Wall. Help yourself and become intimately acquainted with all the missionaries and mission partners we help support. They are taking the time to write, we must take the time to read and pray. Thank you, Carol Davis (member of our Missions Board), for keeping the Literature Wall full of current and pertinent information.
13. Mark Your Calendars! Plan to attend!
- November 12 – Sunday, Pastor Lewis & Karen McClendon will be here.
- November 17 – Friday, at 6 PM, We will be showing the movie called “The Bear”. Invite your friends and bring some snacks to share with others.
- November 26 – Sunday, The Teen Challenge Ladies Choir will be here, sharing songs and testimonies in both services.
- December 10 – Sunday, The Jubilee Choir Christmas Presentation at both services.
- December 15 – Friday, @ 6 PM – Our Jubilee Christmas Dinner. This year’s program will feature the joyful sound of HIS Quartet.
- December 24 – Sunday, One Service at 10 AM and a Christmas Eve Service at 4 PM.