1. This Sunday it will be our privilege to have Pastor Lewis and Karen McClendon with us in both services. He is the founder and director of Abound Ministries, where they train new missionaries for the field. If you have never met them, you will love them. For those of us who know them, they will always have a special place in our hearts.
2. Please be much in prayer daily for Israel as they seek to dismantle Hamas from the surprise attack on October 7th. Pray for the Christian ministries as they seek to bring comfort to the hurting families.
3. A Sunday you don’t want to miss is November 26th, when the Teen Challenge Ladies Choir will be with us. Their songs and testimonies will be a huge blessing. If you know of anyone with any kind of addiction, please encourage them to come.
4. On Saturday, November 18th, at 9 AM, we will have a class for new members. Membership in some ways is like marriage. It speaks of a bond and commitment to one another. Pick up a form at the Welcome Center and drop it off at the office. We would love to have you join us.
5. Maybe we can help — we know these are tough times for some people. If you find you are having a hard time making ends meet, please let us know. We do ask that you exhaust all possible means, but if that doesn’t work, please let us know.
6. Looking way ahead — on January 16th, at noon, we will have a luncheon where we will feature the work of CARE PATROL. These folks come alongside families needing care that they can no longer receive at home. Their services are free and vitally needed. Watch for further word.
7. The choir, along with JoyBells, will present their Christmas Musical on Sunday, December 10th in both services. Pray for Pastor Mike and the choir members to remain in good health as they prepare for this presentation. Be sure to invite others to attend. What a great way to introduce others to Jubilee.
8. November 17th at 6 PM will be our next Movie Night. We will be showing “The Bear”. Set in the majestic mountains of British Columbia in 1885, “The Bear” centers on a precocious bear cub and an old Grizzly as they struggle to endure the harsh wilderness. You will love the story. Bring snacks to share with others and again feel free to invite others to come with you.
9. Our All-Church Christmas Dinner will be on Friday, December 15th at 6 PM. Our special program for the evening will be HIS Quartet. Here is another way to introduce people to Jubilee. Cost for the dinner is $15. If you can’t afford the ticket, please let us know. We’ll find a way for you to attend.
10. Operation Christmas Child – God bless you for all the boxes you have filled and are turning in. The last Sunday to bring them in is Sunday, November 12th. Each box has the potential of reaching a whole family for Christ. Pray that God will use every box as a missionary to share His Good News.
11. Congratulations — you handled the time change very well. I hope you do as well in the spring when we set our clocks ahead. I really am proud of you.
12. Just a reminder, and another place where friends are always welcome …
- Women’s Bible Study is on Wednesdays at 10 AM. The current study is the book of Romans.
- Men’s Breakfast and Bible Study is on Thursdays at 6 AM. Come and join us for a fantastic breakfast and a time of meditation. The cost is $5; first-timers are free.
Most people we come in contact with don’t know the history of Israel. Hopefully, sharing “Israel 101” will clear up the confusion and fabrication of Palestinian ownership for them. Please feel free to share this information.