VJF Missions Prayer Requests
Bethesda Children's Home - Mexico
- 11/05 - Pray for the spiritual lives of the children. They range in age from 9 to 13 and come from a culture where witchcraft is considered a normal activity. It takes time and spiritual growth to reject that mentality even after they have asked Christ to be their Savior. Their families and friends pressure them not to give up the customs of their ancestors. Please pray for them to reject evil and to accept God’s Truth.
- 11/12 - Pray for the salvation of the children’s parents. They come from villages hours away from Tlapa to visit their children. Ask the Holy Spirit to show our staff how to present the Gospel to them, so that even unsaved parents will allow their children to attend a Christian church in their village when going home for a visit.
- 11/19 - Pray for a life-changing faith in the children that will endure and grow, so that they can stand firm in the Lord throughout their lives.
- 11/26 - Please pray for our finances and wisdom needed to finish major construction projects at the two Homes and at the farm. Pray for an abundant harvest of vegetables!
For Women & Children
- 11/05 - Pray that construction for the Angel House finishes by the end of the year. The Angel House will house women and children in the 2-year Transitional Living Program, the Domestic Violence Program, or the Human Trafficking Program. Once in the programs, they will have time to recover, heal, and receive case management, counseling, vocational skills, education opportunities, church, and support from outside services.
- 11/12 - Pray for the many women and children who survive human trafficking. We are starting a program specifically for them because their trauma runs so deep, and can’t be met in other programs.
- 11/19 - Pray for the women and children at the Lighthouse recovering from homelessness, addiction, and trauma. We have case management and case plans for the individual. We meet them where they are and show them unconditional love and offer classes, counseling, case management, vocational skills, life skills, community, access to education, and recovery services.
- 11/26 - Pray for much-needed funding. The Rescue Mission Alliance Lighthouse for Women and Children is funded solely by community donors and foundations. By not taking government funding, we can share the Gospel and speak the name of Jesus to our residents and guests.
Pray with us this week:
- Ask God to heal the many VJF members struggling with pain, cancer, the side effects of chemotherapy, and other physical and mental health issues.
- Pray for our pastors as they share the Word. Ask God’s Spirit to move within them, giving them boldness and clarity as they speak. Ultimately, pray that God is gloriﬁed through them.
- Pray for Prime Minister Netanyahu, for God to give him wisdom. Pray for Israeli soldiers as they rightly defend their country. Pray for all those who lost loved ones and those who are still hostages in Gaza. Pray for Israelis to come before the Almighty God and cling to Him to find peace amid turmoil in Jesus the Messiah.
- Pray for Ukrainian families suffering from the trauma of losing their homes and loved ones, and the many missionaries who are tending to both their spiritual and physical needs each day.
- For our missionaries, pray for their strength and perseverance to run the race; that the Lord will bring people across their path who would encourage and uplift them.
- Pray for God’s provision over their family and ministry; for His protection against illness, injury, and danger.
- Pray that the joy of the Lord will sustain our missionaries in every trial and setback; that the light of God would shine through them, lifting darkness and oppression as they share His love.
- Ask the Lord to make fertile ground and prepare hearts to receive the gospel; that He set up divine appointments and open doors for ministry that only He can make possible.