1. This Sunday, I will be back in the pulpit teaching again. I am so looking forward to opening God’s word to you. I want to, over time, share some studies from the book of James. I would like to encourage you to prayerfully begin reading this marvelous, practical book.
2. Summer Supper Club – this is such a great way to get to know others in Jubilee and form friendships that will last a lifetime. Be sure to pick up your registration form at the “table setting” in the back of the Worship Center or at the Welcome Center. The deadline to submit your registration is this coming Sunday, MAY 21st!!
3. Things to look forward to:
– Movie Nights, the 3rd Friday of every month. (This Friday we will be showing “Letters to God” … bring your favorite snack to share.
– Missions Emphasis – during the months of July & August.
– Fall Bible Conference with Dr. Robert Morgan
– Annual Christmas Banquet, December 15th.
4. A Reminder – if you are interested in a Jubilee logo jacket or vest, come to the church office. Joan or Pam can give you the detailed information. They look great and serve as good “publicity” for Jubilee! Hmmm, possibly a Father’s Day Gift???
5. We are looking for a part-time office assistant. If you are interested, we encourage you to come to the office and we will give you a detailed job description.
6. The Gideon workshop is just one week away! “Conversations: A Simple Approach to Sharing the Gospel” … based on the training booklet, this is going to be an excellent workshop. We need to know if you plan to attend, so we will have enough booklets. Please complete the registration card (at the Worship Center Desk) and we will also be sending a separate email that will give you the opportunity to respond. Plan to come, Monday, May 22nd from 1-3 PM.
Kathleen Parsa has prepared an “Outreach Letter” that is for anyone who wants to reach out to the unsaved. It is well thought out and presented with supporting scripture verses. Copies of her letter will be available for you to take, on the Information Table in the foyer.
7. Socks, Shorts, and Undies for the Oxnard Rescue Mission. We have had a great response for these items; however, their need is very GREAT. Please bring NEW items to the church foyer. You will see boxes designated for them. Collections will continue on May 21 & 28.
8. Ladies, a Summer Bible Study is being planned. The session dates are June 7th – Sept. 13th. We will start at 10 AM with prayer and announcements and then dismiss to study groups, closing at 11:30 AM. Each week is a different topic so you can come as often as you are available. “The Day Approaching” study guide is now available. You can register Wednesday or Sunday mornings at the Welcome Center. Cost: $15
9. WANTED: USHERS — Come and join this vital ministry. We want all of our folks, members and visitors alike, to feel welcome when they enter the Worship Center. Have you noticed that more and more folks are visiting Jubilee? Possibly their first impression is the welcoming usher that gives them a bulletin and helps them find a seat.
10. We are still in need of large pill bottles for our Operation Christmas Child project. There is a box, in the foyer, designated for them. Nancy says “Thank you to all of you who have helped with this project”!!
11. Bible Alive is ALIVE and WELL! All four of our classes are packed, but there is always room for a few more! Bill Abeyta’s class has started a new study, “Paul’s Letter to the Romans.” You are welcome to join any class, at any time. They all start at 8:45 AM Sunday mornings and dismiss at 9:45, in plenty of time for the first church service.