1. A book I hope you will read – “Can We Still Believe in the Rapture” by Ed Hindson and Mark Hitchcock. It seems like the controversy on the ‘Rapture’ is surfacing once again. These two men have done an amazing amount of research, looking at all the proposals and they are more solid than ever that, “Yes We Can Still Believe in the Rapture.”
2. Movie Night – Friday, January 21 at 6 PM. I wanted to start the year off with an older, but wonderful, movie with a great storyline – “The Sound of Music.” Please pass the word and invite others to come. Be sure to bring snacks to share with others.
3. Many thanks to Delores Barnes and Diane Lunde for the beautiful floral arrangements they prepare to enhance the décor of our worship area. You are much appreciated.
4. Considering how new our church is, we have an amazing book exchange/library! Thanks to Jackie Peterson, the books are organized by subject/author and are there for YOU. Feel free to visit the Conference Room/Library any time the church is open. You can take a book home, read it and return it or pass it on.
5. Prayer Requests. If you have a prayer request, please complete the yellow Prayer Request card found on the Welcome Center table. With regards to health issues, be sure to get permission from the one being prayed for, in accordance with HIPAA regulations. Names remain on the prayer list for one month unless updates are provided. If you would like to receive the Prayer Requests via email, make a note on an Information Card.
6. Daily Bread, in large and small print, is available on the Information Table.
7. Grief Support Group will be meeting today at 4 PM. Sharing and listening to others with similar pain, issues or loss has proved to be invaluable. Under the leadership of Certified Grief Counselor, Paul Lenderman, you are welcome to join this group at any time.
Dear VJF Family –
You have made such a huge difference in our lives, and we thank God for each of you. Your love, support, friendship, and partnership in ministry are treasures in themselves. We want to especially thank you for your gracious expressions of kindness during the Christmas season. The many cards, treats, and gifts were so appreciated and beautiful reminders of God’s unfailing love and care. We are both humbled and honored to serve you (and with you). Praying Proverbs 11:25 for you today: The generous will prosper; those who refresh others will themselves be refreshed.
Love in Jesus –
Pastor Jim, Pam, Caleb, and Pastor Leonard