1. What a Fun Time … those in the 2nd service enjoyed Sunday after church. Pastor Leonard invited all who would like to be his guest at lunch … 14 people enjoyed a great lunch and wonderful fellowship.
2. This Friday is Movie Night at 6 PM. We will be showing the film classic “Sound of Music.” This truly is one of the all-time great movies that one could see again and again. Be sure to pass on the word and do bring snacks to be shared with other people.
3. Our First Tuesday Luncheon for the New Year will be Tuesday, February 1st, right at noon. We will be showing the film “The Rise of Global Christian Persecution.” Many of our freedoms, guaranteed by the Constitution, are under attack. I urge you to make every effort to attend. The lunch will be provided by Scooters, who made our Christmas dinner. Tickets will be available for $10, beginning this Sunday.
4. Be sure to regularly check our Information Table. There are numerous booklets and tracts there for free. Maybe you know someone who would be blessed by some of the material. If you need a Church Directory, they are kept at the Attendance Table.
5. Have you checked our library lately? Jackie Peterson is doing a great job keeping it well organized. The books are free… you can check a book out and keep it, or return it or give it to someone else.
6. Exciting News – my new book “Moments With the LORD” is ready for publication and is actually noted on Amazon Prime as an upcoming release. It is a book of short meditations intended to encourage people. Please let others know about it. I am deeply indebted to Lesley Knudsen and Pam Merillat for their help in this project.
7. A Major Item of Praise – even though a number of our people have tested positive for COVID or other health issues, we have not lost anyone to the virus. Those afflicted are already fully recovered or making a good recovery. We have had many answers to prayer.
8. Attention Ladies – Your Bible study will resume on Wednesday, January 26 at 10 AM. You will complete the study in Haggai before beginning the new study.
9. Looking Ahead – we have some really exciting things planned for Jubilee in the weeks ahead. I am thrilled to remind you that Dr. Robert Morgan who has authored, right at 40 books, and usually speaks to several thousand will be with us again April 1, 2 & 3 for a weekend Bible Conference. Make sure you have this event on your calendar.
10. Are You the People I am Looking For? I am looking for at least 30 robust, visionary people who will commit to making the 11:30 service their service to attend on a consistent basis. We have some who are already committed and that is a great start; but, I would like to have about 30 more so that the attendance is consistent. You will be the foundation on which we will grow that service. If you are willing to make that commitment, please let me know. Folks, if you are looking for social distancing, then 11:30 is just for you.