1. For those of you who do not receive our Prayer Request list, we want to share with you the following two missionary fields Jubilee is focused on and supporting in prayer this month:
Missionary: Brian & Rachel Weed, Nicaragua –
Brian states: “As missionaries, we should always be seeking new and strategic methods to enhance the church planting potential on our respective mission fields. More ‘hooks’ in the water simply translates to more opportunities to reach one more person and plant one more church. Our strategies:
#1 Feeding Children; #2 Sports Ministry; #3 Medical Ministry”
For an inspirational video overview of their work in Nicaragua, click on this youtube link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQgIEAJd1K8
Local Ministry: Child Evangelism Fellowship is a Bible-centered organization composed of believers whose purpose is to evangelize boys and girls with the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ and to establish them in the Word of God in a local church for Christian living.
Pray for the four Good News Clubs, in Ventura County, who meet with students through online Zooms, that more and more students will attend these weekly meetings and that their families will be ministered to in the process. Pray also that more leaders of GNC will begin to participate and get trained to do online Zoom meetings for their clubs. Currently, there are only 4 of 19 clubs meeting online.
2. Welcome Pastor Jim and Pam! They are here (a preliminary visit) to set up their household and church office. It’s so exciting to see Jim wandering around the church as he gets established. His official start date is May 15th.
They have rented a small apartment, on a temporary basis. If you have a small refrigerator, they could borrow, which would help with the transition. It cannot exceed 37” wide, 24” depth and 70” high. Call the church office.
3. Just a reminder … WE NEED YOUR PRAYERS. We have put together a team to begin to plan for the future ministry of Jubilee. We don’t know when the authorities will give us permission to meet in larger numbers or what that number will be. We are going to consider every possible way to refresh you every week. So, pray for the team as we begin to meet.
4. They’re about half gone … FREE BOOKS, “The Blessings of Obedience” by Bob Fraley. A “family story” of how God has blessed and led their family. “Their story is an inspiration and an example of what a person and a family can accomplish when God is at the center of everything they do and think.”
This is a GREAT book for parents and grandparents.
5. Another FREE-bee! Two Trees church has a large TV, approx. 60”, to give away. It is sitting in the Café if you want to come and take a look. It is NOT a wall-mount TV, but full-size counsel.
6. Thank you! Your kind notes of encouragement and support mean so much to us. We too miss Jubilee fellowship … Together, WE are the church.
7. The sermon outline will be sent to you on Friday. Be sure to tune in via our church website or directly with YouTube, Sunday morning. It broadcasts about 11:45 AM.