1. Many thanks to Pastor Sherrow and the choir for a fantastic patriotic focus on God’s goodness to this land. Pastor Jim’s focus on the freedom we have from the penalty and power of sin was right on the mark. It was a great morning.
2. A very important Monthly Luncheon for all of us will be Tuesday, July 12th at noon. Jeanette, from the Ventura County Agency on Aging, will be with us to inform us of the many programs that are available to help us. You must sign up by Sunday. The cost is $10.
3. Summer Supper Clubs – Let the fun and friend-making begin! We have 58 people participating in our inaugural Summer Supper Clubs. A special thanks to our gracious club organizers: Terry & Vickie Breese, Joan Parks, Debbie Torgeson, Linda & Homer Paulson, Jerry & Phyllis Allstott, Carlene Lowe, and Ron & Ann Arragg. What a great team! Participants should be hearing from their club organizer very soon to schedule their 1st get-together. Summer Supper Clubs are all about consistent fellowship and abiding friendship, as we meet and eat together. Many blessings and Bon Appetit, Pam
4. Missions Impact 2022! Your Giving — More Souls in Heaven. During July and August, we are seeking by God’s grace, as much as possible to strengthen the ministries of the missionaries and para-church groups that we help support. Ask the Holy Spirit to impress on your heart what you should give. Mark your giving “Missions Impact 2022.”
5. Joyce’s Giving Boutique Sale –
When: Saturday, July 16th
Where: Ventura Jubilee Fellowship – Worship Center
Time: 8:00 AM – 2:00 PM
Open to all our VJF ladies and the community.
Enjoy this charming, one-day shopping experience featuring the clothing, jewelry, and accessories collection made fashionable by our Joyce DeWitt, dearly remembered.
Proceeds of the sale will benefit the VJF Women’s Ministry. Ladies, mark your calendars. Share with your friends. Come and Shop!
6. Grief Support Group – Tuesday, July 12th at 4 PM. For those of you who are grieving over any kind of loss, we really encourage you to attend this group led by Certified Grief Counselor, Pastor Paul Lenderman. Many are being helped by these group meetings.
7. Next Sunday, join us at Jubilee as we celebrate the Lord’s Supper together. Taking communion together and remembering what our Lord did for us is such a privilege.
8. Church Membership. Jubilee continues to welcome new members into the family of God. We want it to be a place that you call my “church home.” If you are interested in joining or would like more information, please complete a “Church Membership Application” form. They are available at the Welcome Center.
9. Operation Christmas Child Alert! July clearance sales are underway. It is not too early to start gathering good items for shoebox gift supplies. We have boxes available for anyone who needs them to measure what can fit, or to start filling some with what you already have. If you come across a great buy, (for example, good flip-flops, t-shirts, or school supplies for a 75% reduction) call Nancy at 805-340-4393 so we can spread the word. Don’t forget the free flashlights and tools at Harbor Freight. Do you have questions about ideas or restrictions? Talk to Nancy Drake, Grace Incollingo, Anne Tally, Lora Umphress, Carlene Lowe, or Barbara Klassen, for helpful, fun information.
10. Note: Due to numerous events and activities, there will be NO Friday Movie Night in July.