1. Our Missions Conference begins next Sunday. We will have two missionary families with us – Esteban Alvarez (Uruguay) will speak at the 10:00 AM service, and Ryder Kumar (Shepherding the Nations) will be speaking at the 11:30 AM service. We want you to hear both of them, so we encourage you to plan your day so you can stay for both services.
2. Can you help? We need a loaner car for our visiting missionaries. If you have a car that could be used from Friday, August 18 to Saturday, August 27, please contact the church office. (805-535-4325) or Bill Abeyta (805-205-4456). It must have an insurance plan that will allow others to drive it.
3. Has the Holy Spirit shared with you what He would like you to give towards our goal of $150,000? Lesley and I have been praying about this, and the picture is beginning to take shape. We hope yours, like ours, is a step of faith.
4. Please Note: The Wednesday “Bilingual Outreach to the Ventura Community” activity noted on the “Missions Conference Week Events,” will be presented in the Spanish language only. It is not a bilingual event.
5. Don’t miss our Missions Conference Banquet that will be on the closing night of our conference – Friday, August 25th at 6 PM. Olu and Deanna Adefope, directors of the Child Evangelism Fellowship will be sharing. They recently were blessed with their first baby. This is going to be a wonderful evening. Sign up now so that we know how much food to prepare.
6. Just a reminder that if you can read music, we would love to have you join our handbell choir, JoyBells. If interested, contact Carol Davis at 559-246-2159. We have several octaves that we are not using because we need more people. Those involved are having a wonderful time… You could too!
7. Pray with Us!! — Every Thursday at 11 AM a small prayer group meets in our Conference Rm/library. We would love to see this fellowship of prayer warriors grow. We meet for just one hour. Plan to join us. PRAYER MATTERS!!
8. “Holy Spirit, Rain Down!” That’s the focus of our prayer time every Sunday morning at 9:30 AM in Pastor Leonard’s office. We would love to have you join us as we ask the Holy Spirit to fill this place and our people.
9. Our dear sister, Linda Lindemann, leaves California today, Tuesday the 15th, moving closer to her son. She will be staying with him until she buys a new house. Her temporary address is Linda Lindemann, c/o 1628 Woodtree Court, West Annapolis MD 21409-5411. Pray for Linda as she makes this transition.
10. Jubilee Church Members … be sure to pick up your Annual Meeting Packet, which includes a sample ballot, this Sunday, 08/20. They will be in the foyer, with your name attached to the envelope. If you are a member and do not see your packet, please advise the ladies at the Welcome Center. We will be sure to mail you one.
11. We still have openings for our Self-Defense Class. It will be held on Saturday, August 19th at 11:00 AM, in the sanctuary. Call the church office if you want to attend this free event. 805-535-4325
12. Be sure to put these events on your calendar so you won’t miss them:
Our Annual Congregational Meeting is on Sunday, Sept. 17th right after the 10 AM service. We will have a very short break after the service and then go right into the meeting. Everyone is welcome to attend, but only members will be able to vote. BE SURE TO PICK UP YOUR SAMPLE VOTING PACKET THIS SUNDAY.
A fantastic weekend of Bible teaching with Dr. Rob Morgan will be October 13-15. This is a “must-be present.”
Our Harvest BBQ Festival, with comedian Robert G. Lee, will be Friday, October 27th at 6 PM. It will be an amazing BBQ meat buffet with great sides. Plan to invite your friends to an evening of great food and entertainment. Ticket sales will begin Oct. 1st for $15. We expect them to go fast, so be ready!
On August 11th, Samaritan’s Purse President Franklin Graham asked people to pray for the situation in Maui. “So many are in shock and devastated,” he said. “Pray for our teams, that we would be the hands and feet of our Lord Jesus Christ, and pray especially for those who have lost loved ones and their homes in this tragedy.” Jubilee’s Mission Board voted to send $5,000 for disaster relief through the Samaritan’s Purse ministry.